Never Yell 'Fire' In A Movie Theater... but how about something political?



It was Saturday afternoon just before 1 PM.

The Regal Cinema at Bridgeport Village, in Tualatin, Oregon, was not full for the 1:10 PM screening of Bill Maher's "Religulous." We missed the screening, so we paid matinee prices to see the flick.

We had just settled in our seats, hoping for a bit of a laugh from Maher and his cunning views on world religions. Oops.

Up came a trailer for the new movie "W" -- it's a film about George W. Bush that opens later this month. Josh Brolin plays GWB, with an uncanny look and voice. I don't know if I will see it, but my blood began to boil -- our investments had taken a whack on Friday -- and I was not in the mood to see ANYONE who reminded me of the Worst. President. Ever.

I watched the trailer quietly. But when the screen went dark, I blurted out at the top of my booming female radio voice:

"YOU WILL BE GONE NEXT MONTH, AND NOT A MOMENT TOO SOON, YOU CREEP!"

First, there was dead silence. Then, the crowd of about fifty people erupted with spontaneous "YEAHS" and generous applause...

I was quite pleased. I wish all of you had been there!

&&&&&&&&